The Oakland Raiders and the Detroit Lions have been stumbling to the finish line. Both of them have suffered from the same issue--lack of a strong running game. Both Darren McFadden and Kevin Smith have been the mainstay backs for both teams, but they can't seem to stay on the field for an extended period of time.
McFadden has been out forever, so it's no surprise that his foot injury seems to prevent him from returning to action. Smith has similar issues, but it appears that he's been able to play through it and will continue to try and play through it. Smith was able to move from not participating in practice to at least being able to perform in a limited fashion, so it might give the Lions a much-needed boost in their offensive balance.
More injuries are below.
- Not able to practice: CB Aaron Berry (shoulder), S Louis Delmas (knee), CB Justin Durant (hamstring), DT Nick Fairley (foot), DE Lawrence Jackson (thigh), CB Eric Wright (hamstring)
- Limited practice participants: CB Chris Houston (knee), RB Kevin Smith (ankle), S Amari Spievey (knee), DE Willie Young (ankle)
- Full practice participants: G Rob Sims (shoulder)
- Not able to practice: QB Jason Campbell (collarbone), WR Jacoby Ford (foot), DT John Henderson (knee), S Michael Huff (hamstring), CB Chris Johnson (not injury related), RB Taiwan Jones (hamstring), RB Darren McFadden (foot)
- Limited practice participants: DT Tommy Kelly (toe), WR Denarius Moore (foot), DE Jarvis Moss (shoulder), WR Louis Murphy (hip), C Samson Satele (shoulder), WR Chaz Schilens (foot)
- Full practice participants: WR Darrius Heyward-Bey (heel)