In case you thought the Giants were staying mum and above the fray on the potential move by the Oakland Athletics to San Jose or elsewhere in the South Bay, think again. According to Tracy Seipel of the Mercury News, the San Francisco Giants organization may be connected to an anti-A's group called "Stand for San Jose." This obviously leads to a very interesting -- and unnerving -- question. Is it possible that the Giants organization could be...evil?
Granted, allegedly backing an anti-A's group that's pursuing litigation to keep the Athletics out of San Jose isn't the most evil thing we've heard this year, or even this month. But it's certainly a lot closer to what we'd term "evil" than what we'd term "virtuous."
I think the most surprising part of all of this is how out of left field (pun honestly not intended) it seems. Going from "bumbling" to "moderately evil" is an enormous leap for a sports organization without any prior warnings or indication. If these trends continue, here are some potential future headlines we could be seeing:
- February 12, 2012: San Francisco Giants Announce Construction of AT&T Park on Sacred Native American Burial Ground Was 'Super Intentional'
- August 28, 2012: Giants Propose Season Ticket Tax For 2012 To Help Fund Kitten-Punching Factory
- June 3, 2013: Kitten-Punching Factory Burns Down; Larry Baer Blames 'Those Cursed A's'
- March 17, 2014: Giants Hold Press Conference To Celebrate Successfully Banning Athletics Franchise From Major League Baseball; Press Conference Consists Of Thirty Minutes Of Loud Cackling, Intermittent Doberman-Petting
- September 30, 2016: MLB Announces 2017 Season Will Be Canceled Due To Giants Executives Having Devoured All Players And Feasted Upon Their Scrumptious Bones
Of course, the above headlines are merely speculation, but clearly the Giants are potentially headed down the rabbit hole. The Athletics would do well do watch their backs. And should the Giants introduce pinstripes to their uniforms at any point in the next few seasons...well, I told you so.
For all news and information regarding the virtuous and doomed Oakland A's, please visit Athletics Nation. For a look into the face of staunch madness and depravity, venture over to McCovey Chronicles...if you dare.