San Francisco Giants general manager Brian Sabean said that the team intends to bring back outfielder Hunter Pence, according to a report from ESPN's Jerry Crasnick.
Sabean said the team plans to offer Pence a contract. The 29-year-old right fielder is projected to make $13.8 million in salary arbitration.
"We think there are some things he can do to fix what went wrong last year," Sabean told CSNBayArea.com. "We like the player. We made a big trade to get him, and he's going to be a Giant next year."
Pence, who was acquired in a trade with the Philadelphia Phillies on July 31 for outfielder Nate Schierholtz and minor leaguers Tommy Joseph and Seth Rosin, struggled in San Francisco following the trade. In 59 games with the Giants, he hit .219 with seven home runs and 45 RBI. His struggles got worse in the postseason, as he hit just .210 with one home run, four RBI and 17 strikeouts on the Giants' road to a World Series championship.