For the first time in nine years, the San Francisco 49ers are headed to the Super Bowl. The Niners, of course, are a perfect 5-0 in the franchise's Super Bowl history -- a mark they will try to keep intact next Sunday in New Orleans.
The Niners will face the AFC Champion Baltimore Ravens, who are making their second appearance in the Super Bowl. The Ravens won it all in 2000, and Ray Lewis is attempting to cap his career with his second championship.
CBS is the lucky network that will carry the year's biggest television event, and will provide nearly seven hours of coverage before the start of the game. Their Road to the Super Bowl show will come on the air at 11 a.m. ET, and they will cover both a variety of football and entertainment-related stories leading up to kickoff, which is set for the traditional time. Here are some of the basics to put on the schedule for next Sunday:
- Date: Sunday, February 3, 2013
- Kickoff time: 6:30 ET / 3:30 PT
- Location: Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans, Louisiana
- Channel: CBS
- Announcers: Jim Nantz and Phil Simms
- Halftime show performance: Destiny's Child and Beyonce
- National anthem: Alicia Keys
- Tickets: TiqIQ.com