The United States have two teams going for gold tomorrow in the pool and on the field. Both of these teams are solid favorites, but the possibility of an upset in either event is not out of the question.
The USWNT soccer team will take on Japan in the gold medal match. Can Alex Morgan and the United States women's soccer team put it together (something they weren't able to do in the World Cup Final)? The team also features several Stanford players like Nicole Barnhart, Rachel Buehler, Kelley O’Hara.
Additionally, the United States women's water polo team will try and go for gold against Spain in the final. It's a team that features plenty of Bay Area talents like Annika Dries, Melissa Seidemann, Jessica and Maggie Steffens of Stanford, plus Elsie Windes and Heather Petri of Cal.
Here's a schedule of events for Thursday's action. All times ET. All events are streamed on NBCOlympics.com.
8 a.m. - 8 p.m. (NBCSN)
- Women's Soccer: Bronze Medal Game (8 a.m.)
- Synchronized Swimming: Team Qualifying (10 a.m.)
- Women's Wrestling: Qualifying, Repechages, Gold Medal Finals (55 kg and 72 kg classes. 10:45 a.m., 2 p.m., 5 p.m.)
- Women's Basketball: Semifinal (Noon)
- Women's Soccer: Gold Medal Match (2:30 p.m.)
9 a.m. - 6 p.m. (MSNBC)
- Equestrian: Individual Dressage Final (9 a.m.)
- Men's Field Hockey: Semifinal (11 a.m.)
- Women's Handball: Semifinal (Noon)
- Taekwondo: Semifinals or Finals (1:30 p.m.)
- Women's Volleyball: Semifinals (2:30 p.m.)
- Women's Basketball: Semifinal (4 p.m.)
10 a.m. - 5 p.m. (NBC)
- Women's Volleyball: Semifinal (10 a.m.)
- Swimming: Women's 10KM Marathon (11:45 a.m., 12:45 p.m.)
- Track & Field: Qualifying Heats (Noon)
- Canoe/Kayak: Sprint Discipline Finals (1 p.m.)
- Women's Water Polo: Bronze Medal Match (1:30 p.m.), Gold Medal Match (3 p.m.)
- Beach Volleyball: Bronze Medal Match (4 p.m.)
5 - 8 p.m. (CNBC)
- Women's Boxing: Gold Medal Bouts (flyweight, lightweight and middleweight classes)
8 p.m. - Midnight (NBC)
- Track & Field: Gold Medal Finals (decathlon, Men's triple jump, 200m, 800m)
- Women's Diving: Platform Gold Medal Final
- Men's Beach Volleyball: Gold Medal Final
- Cycling: Men's BMX Quarterfinals
12:35 - 1:35 a.m. (NBC)
- Rhythmic Gymnastics: Qualifying
- Track & Field: Women's Javelin Gold Medal Final
Stick with the SB Nation StoryStream for more coverage of local athletes at the 2012 Olympic Games. For more on the 2012 Olympic Games, make sure that you check out SB Nation's dedicated Olympics hub.