The 2012 London Olympics are well underway, and we're starting to get into the meat of the competition. What Bay Area athletes will be in action that have a possibility to make some noise?
Caitlin Leverenz of Cal takes to the pool for her second individual event, the 200 individual medley. The US women's water polo team gets underway (featuring several Cal and Stanford players) will be taking on Hungary.
The big highlights of the day involve Ryan Lochte and Missy Franklin taking to the pool for two events where they will have their hands full to win. Lochte will face off with Sun Yang of China in the 200 freestyle, and Franklin battles Emily Seebohm of Australia in the 100 meter backstroke.
The entirety of the 2012 Olympics will be streamed online at NBCOlympics.com. Below will be the complete list of television times for what's happening this Mondaay. All times are Pacific. Please note that all events aired on NBC proper are on tape delay and will air at the assigned hour in all time zones.
4 a.m. - 8 p.m. (NBCSN)
- Men's Field Hockey: South Korea vs. New Zealand (4 a.m.)
- Beach Volleyball: Qualifying (5 a.m.)
- Badminton: USA vs. TBD (6 a.m.)
- Women's Volleyball: Serbia vs. South Korea (6:30 a.m.), Italy vs. Japan (3 p.m.)
- Equestrian: Eventing Cross Country (8:15 a.m.)
- Men's Archery: Individual Elimination Round (12:45 p.m.)
- Men's Boxing: Elimination bouts - flyweight and light heavyweight classes (1:15 p.m.)
- Men's Shooting: 10m Air Rifle Final (4:30 p.m.)
- Women's Basketball: USA vs. Angola (5:15 p.m.)
7 a.m. - 3 p.m. (Bravo)
- Tennis: Singles Second Round
9 a.m. - 6 p.m. (MSNBC)
- Women's Water Polo: Spain vs. China (9 a.m.), Italy vs. Australia (11:15 a.m.)
- Badminton: USA vs. TBD (10:15 a.m.), USA vs. Japan (3:45 p.m.)
- Beach Volleyball: Qualifying (10:30 a.m., 5 p.m.)
- Women's Basketball: Russia vs. Brazil (11:45 a.m.)
- Table Tennis: USA vs. TBD (1:30 p.m.)
- Men's Field Hockey: Great Britain vs. Argentina (2 p.m.)
- Weightlifting: Men's 62 kg Gold Medal Final (3:30 p.m.), Women's 58 kg Gold Medal Final (3:45 p.m.)
10 a.m. - 5 p.m. (NBC)
- Swimming: Qualifying (10 a.m., 1:45 p.m.)
- Rowing: Qualifying (10:30 a.m., 1:30 p.m.)
- Canoe/Kayak: Canoe/whitewater Qualifying (11 a.m.)
- Women's Volleyball: USA vs. Brazil (11:30 a.m.)
- Women's Water Polo: USA vs. Hungary (2:30 p.m.)
- Beach Volleyball: Qualifying (4 p.m.)
5 - 8 p.m. (CNBC)
- Men's Boxing: Elimination bouts (flyweight and light heavyweight classes)
8 p.m. - Midnight (NBC)
- Swimming: Gold Medal Finals (Men's 200m freestyle, 100 m backstroke; Women's 100m backstroke, 100m breaststroke)
- Men's Gymnastics: Team Gold Medal Final
- Men's Diving: Platform Synchronized Gold Medal Final
12:35 - 1:35 a.m. (NBC)
- Swimming (Women's 200m individual medley semifinals)
- Canoe/Kayak: Whitewater qualifying
A complete listing of Saturday's events can be found here. For a complete tally of the medals won, use SI.com's Medal Tracker.
Stick with this StoryStream for more coverage of local athletes at the 2012 Olympic Games. For more on the 2012 Olympic Games, make sure that you check out SB Nation's dedicated Olympics hub.