The Stanford Cardinal fell just short in the 2012 Fiesta Bowl, but already must shake off the loss and focus on the upcoming season. The Pac-12 released their schedule for the 2012 season Wednesday, with a number of difficult games on the docket for coach David Shaw and the rest of his Card. But for the first time in conference history, every game will be nationally televised, marking a big step forward in the Pac-12's progress.
As it pertains to the Cardinal, they will play a number of important games, starting with two non-conference games at home against San Jose State and Duke, then the kickoff Pac-12 play against the USC Trojans in week 3. The very next week they head to Seattle to take on Washington at the home of the Seahawks, CenturyLink Field, then head to South Bend to take on the Notre Dame Fighting Irish in week 6.
'The Big Game' will be held at Cal this year on October 20, while they will also head to Autzen Stadium to take on the Oregon Ducks in week 11. If they make it, the Pac-12 championship game will be held on November 30 at the home field of the team with the better conference record.
2012 Stanford Schedule:
- Saturday, Sept. 1: San Jose State @ Stanford
- Saturday, Sept. 8: Duke @ Stanford
- Saturday, Sept. 15: USC @ Stanford
- Thursday, Sept. 27: Stanford @ Washington (CenturyLink Field)
- Saturday, Oct. 6: Arizona @ Stanford
- Saturday, Oct. 13: Stanford @ Notre Dame
- Saturday, Oct. 20: Stanford @ Cal
- Saturday, Oct. 27: Washington State @ Stanford
- Saturday, Nov. 3: Stanford @ Colorado
- Saturday, Nov. 10: Oregon State @ Stanford
- Saturday, Nov 17: Stanford @ Oregon
- Saturday, Nov. 24: Stanford @ UCLA
- Saturday, Nov. 30: Pac-12 Championship Game
For more on the Cardinal, head over to Rule of Tree to get your fix.