Mel Kiper released his latest 2012 NFL Mock Draft and as remains par for the course, Andrew Luck is sitting up top at number one to the Indianapolis Colts. The NFL Draft often provides suspense about the top pick with three or four players generally in the mix. This year, however, Andrew Luck remains locked in as the number one guy and there is no reason to think that will change. People will break down his game through his various workouts, but it would be a surprise to see somebody else go number one.
Stanford will send a trio of players to the NFL in the first round with two of Luck's offensive linemen joining him. Offensive tackle Jonathan Martin and offensive guard David DeCastro are projected at No. 13 and No. 14 in Kiper's draft. Both have appeared higher and lower at times, but that middle ten or eleven picks seem to be a good potential spot for them. Kiper projects Martin to an Arizona Cardinals team that needs offensive line help badly. He thinks DeCastro would be a perfect for the interior of a Cowboys offensive line trying to get younger.
Here are the top ten in Mel Kiper, Jr.'s mock draft:
1. Indianapolis Colts - Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford
2. St. Louis Rams - Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State
3. Minnesota Vikings - Matt Kalil, OT, USC
4. Cleveland Browns - Robert Griffin III, QB, Baylor
5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama
6. Washington Redskins - Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU
7. Jacksonville Jaguars - Quinton Coples, DE, North Carolina
8. Carolina Panthers - Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama
9. Miami Dolphins - Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa
10. Buffalo Bills - Courtney Upshaw, LB, Alabama