Week 5 of the NFL had no team legitimately state its case for the rights to be the one to "Suck For Luck".
The Miami Dolphins and the St. Louis Rams were two of the remaining winless NFL teams, but both of them enjoyed a bye week so they could fall eternally behind your current favorites, the hapless Indianapolis Colts. The Colts blew 17-0 and 24-7 leads against the previously hapless Kansas City Chiefs, but Kansas City has rallied to prove they're not quite that bad, scoring 21 unanswered to rally to victory. Indianapolis is now alone at 0-5, and with three road games ahead against Cincinnati, New Orleans and Tennessee plus a home visit from Atlanta, 0-9 and 1-8 are very likely.
The Jacksonville Jaguars are another team that appears destined for the cellar after falling to the Cincinnati Bengals 30-20. Jacksonville now looks to be in very bad shape to lose seven in a row going into their bye week, with the Steelers, Ravens, and Texans all lined up next. They should definitely be in contention by the time we reach the halfway point of the 2011 regular season.
The Denver Broncos might have gone to Tim Tebow, but their team continues to lose. Denver will be on their bye week next week as they try to transition to the Tebow era, but their schedule does get exceptionally brutal after a creampuff matchup with the Miami Dolphins. It would not be surprising to see the Broncos also compete heavily in this contest.
Current Andrew Luck power rankings:
1. Indianapolis Colts. If they can't beat Andy Dalton, it's not clear who they can beat.
2. Miami Dolphins. They'll be facing a frustrated Jets team in the Meadowlands on Monday night. Doubt they'll be picking up their first victory there.
3. Denver Broncos. Bye week.
4. Jacksonville Jaguars. Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh. Doom.
5. St. Louis Rams. The Rams have had a pretty brutal schedule to start out. Won't get any easier when they face the Super Bowl champs next week.