San Jose Earthquakes forward Chris Wondolowski has been dominating the MLS scene for the last few seasons, and is finally get the recognition he deserves after the news came down on Friday that Wondo has been selected for the U.S. Men's National travel squad and will be competing in the 2014 World Cup Qualifiers.
Head coach Jurgen Klinsmann made the roster final earlier this morning, noting that he feels he has put the best possible team together right now:
"We have chosen the 23 players who are in the best form right now and ready to get the job done. These guys have put in a tremendous amount of hard work in the last 10 days, and they are hungry to get started with the matches."
Wondolwski has been outstanding for San Jose, netting 11 goals in 12 matches played this season.
The USMNT will get some work in starting May 26, taking their new roster to Jacksonville for a Five-Game tournament against Scotland. Klinsmann wanted a month-long format of games and training sessions to best represent what the team will be facing in a tournament format.
Below is the full roster by position, along with each player's current squad.
1. Brad Guzan (Aston Villa)
2. Tim Howard (Everton)
3. Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake)
1. Carlos Bocanegra (Rangers)
2. Geoff Cameron (Houston Dynamo)
3. Edgar Castillo (Club Tijuana)
4. Steve Cherundolo (Hannover 96)
5. Clarence Goodson (Brondby)
6. Oguchi Onyewu (Sporting Lisbon)
7. Michael Parkhurst (Nordsjaelland)
1. Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake)
2. Michael Bradley (Chievo Verona)
3. Joe Corona (Club Tijuana)
4. Maurice Edu (Rangers)
5. Fabian Johnson (Hoffenheim)
6. Jermaine Jones (Schalke 04)
7. Jose Torres (Pachuca)
1. Jozy Altidore (AZ Alkmaar)
2. Terrence Boyd (Borussia Dortmund)
3. Clint Dempsey (Fulham)
4. Landon Donovan (LA Galaxy)
5. Herculez Gomez (Santos)
6. Chris Wondolowski (San Jose Earthquakes)
For more on the Earthquakes head over to Quake, Rattle and Goal.