The San Francisco 49ers have caught a bit of the injury bug in the last few weeks of the season and many should expect the team to play it safe on the ground on Sunday against the Rams. The team is still battling for their seed in the NFC playoffs, and while their top priority is to receive home field advantage, staying healthy for the postseason is crucial. Here is the full injury report from Thursday's practice.
- Did Not Participate In Practice: WR Ted Ginn (ankle), TE Delanie Walker (jaw), WR Kyle Williams (concussion)
- Limited Participation: CB Chris Culliver (shoulder), RB Bruce Miller (knee), CB Carlos Rogers (knee), LB Patrick Willis (hamstring)
- Did Not Participate In Practice: QB Sam Bradford (ankle), QB A.J. Feeley (right thumb), RB Jerious Norwood (illness)
- Limited Participation: DE Chris Long (ankle)
- Full Participation: CB Josh Gordy (abdomen), LB Brady Poppinga (illness)
Do not be surprised to see the 49ers run heavily in week 17 with both Ted Ginn and Kyle Williams unlikely to play because of injury. With the Rams potentially without their top-two quarterbacks on Sunday, San Francisco's defense will likely have an easy time assuming they can contain Steven Jackson for most of the contest.
For more on the team, head on over to Niners Nation for continued coverage.