OMAHA, NE - JUNE 28: Caitlin Leverenz competes in the championship final of the Women's 200 m Individual Medley during Day Four of the 2012 U.S. Olympic Swimming Team Trials at CenturyLink Center on June 28, 2012 in Omaha, Nebraska. (Photo by Jamie Squire/Getty Images)
Nathan Adrian, Jessica Hardy, Dana Vollmer and Caitlin Leverenz are the main Cal swimmers for the United States national team.
California has a bunch of swimmers that will be participating for the United States national swimming team. The tradition was started by Natalie Coughlin years ago, and now a new host of Cal swimmers are ushering in a new age of Golden Bear dominance in the pool.
- Nathan Adrian will be competing in the 100 meter freestyle and the 400 meter freestyle relay.
- Rachel Bootsma will be competing in the 100 meter backstroke.
- Anthony Ervin will be on the men's 50 meter freestyle team.
- Jessica Hardy competes in three races: The women's 50 and 100 meter freestyle as well as the 400 meter free relay.
- Caitlin Leverenz will be a contender in both the 200 and 400 meter IM.
- Dana Vollmer participates in the 100 meter butterfly and the 800 meter freestyle relay.
- One of the most decorated Olympic women's swimmers ever, Coughlin will be a member of the women's 400 meter freestyle relay.
Even the head coach is from Cal: Teri McKeever (the Cal women's coach) will be coaching the women's side.
Talk about Cal swimming by heading on over to the California Golden Blogs.
For complete coverage of the Summer Games in London, please stay tuned to SB Nation's dedicated 2012 Olympics hub.