STANFORD, CA - JULY 28: Serena Williams serves to Maria Kirilenko of Russia during the Bank of the West Classic at the Taube Family Tennis Stadium on July 28, 2011 in Stanford, California. (Photo by Matthew Stockman/Getty Images)
Serena Williams has a first-round bye in the 2012 edition of the Bank of the West Classic.
The Bank of the West Classic gets underway today. Here are the singles matches on Tuesday.
Nicole Gibbs of the United States takes on Noppawan Lertcheewakarn of Thailand to start things off at around 11 AM local time at the Stadium. That'll be followed by the follwoing matches.
- Marina Erakovic of New Zealand taking on Jana Juricova of Slovakia.
- Eleni Daniilidou of Greece takes on Urszula Radwanska of Poland
- Erika Sema of Japan faces Alexa Glatch of the United States.
- Ayumi Morita of Japan matches up with Saisai Zheng of China.
- Mallory Burdette of the United States faces Anne Keothavaong of Great Britain
- Vania King of the United States plays Sorana Cirstea of Romania.
Serena Williams (the defending champion) will get the first day of action off, as the top four seeds all enjoy first-round byes.
More SB Nation tennis action can be found on our regular hub. Subscribe to more regular SB Nation content below if you like what you see from the videos below.