The running of the 2012 Belmont Stakes is just a few hours away. A bit of the excitement surrounding the race has died out due to I'll Have Another being scratched with swelling in his knee, but there is still a strong field competing for what will be a very large purse.
The new favorites on Saturday: Dullahan with 5-1 odds, Union Rags at 6-1 and Paynter at 8-1. Street Life (12-1) has been moving up the boards a bit in recent days, as has My Adonis (20-1).
Here are the latest odds from Belmont.
1. Street Life (Jose Lezcano, 12-1)
2. Unstoppable U (Junior Alvarado, 30-1)
3. Union Rags (John Velazquez, 6-1)
4. Atigun (Julien Leparoux, 30-1)
5. Dullahan (Javier Castellano, 5-1)
6. Ravelo's Boy (Alex Solis, 50-1)
7. Five Sixteen (Rosie Napravnik, 50-1)
8. Guyana Star Dweej (Kent Desormeaux, 50-1)
9. Paynter (Mike Smith, 8-1)
10. Optimizer (Corey Nakatani, 20-1)
I'll Have Another (Mario Gutierrez, 4-5) SCRATCHED
11. My Adonis (Ramon Dominguez, 20-1)
For the latest news, updates and analysis of the Belmont Stakes and all of horse racing in general, make sure to visit SB Nation's awesome horse racing blog, And Down The Stretch They Come.