EAST RUTHERFORD, NJ - FEBRUARY 16: Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson attends a press conference to announce that MetLife Stadium will host WWE Wrestlemania 29 in 2013 at MetLife Stadium on February 16, 2012 in East Rutherford, New Jersey. (Photo by Michael N. Todaro/Getty Images)
The biggest night of the year for pro wrestling is unquestionably WrestleMania. This year's event is on Sunday in Miami.
The annual WrestleMania event is always the biggest night of the year for professional wrestling. The 28th edition of the Super Bowl of rasslin' will emanate from Sun Life Stadium in Miami on Sunday and will feature a stacked card full of names from the past and the present.
The biggest match on the card and the true main event of the evening will pit John Cena against The Rock in a match to determine bragging rights between two of the biggest stars of the past decade. Also returning after some time away is Chris Jericho, who will challenge WWE Champion CM Punk for the top title in the company.
Another match that could very much be a main event in its own right will have The Undertaker fighting Triple H in a rematch from last year's WrestleMania. The Undertaker puts his 19-0 winning streak at WrestleMania on the line in a match where the stakes are higher than ever. The fight will take place in the Hell in a Cell cage and will feature special guest referee Shawn Michaels.
The pre-show will feature a triple-threat match for the WWE Tag Team titles and will stream live on both WWE.com and YouTube. That pre-show begins at 3:30 p.m. PT.
The main WrestleMania show will begin at 4:00 p.m. PT and is only on pay-per-view. If you order the event, however, you get bonus content including video recap packages and a countdown that begins at 2:00 p.m. PT.
Here is the full card for the big event.
- WWE Tag Team Championship: Primo & Epico (c) vs. Justin Gabriel & Tyson Kidd vs. the Usos (Pre-Show)
- Kelly Kelly & Maria Menounos vs. Beth Phoenix & Eve
- Randy Orton vs. Kane
- Team Johnny vs. Team Teddy: David Otunga, Mark Henry, Dolph Ziggler, Jack Swagger, Drew McIntyre, The Miz vs. Santino Marella, R-Truth, Booker T, Zack Ryder, the Great Khali, Kofi Kingston
- Intercontinental Championship: Cody Rhodes (c) vs. the Big Show
- World Heavyweight Championship: Daniel Bryan (c) vs. Sheamus
- WWE Championship: CM Punk (c) vs. Chris Jericho
- Hell in a Cell Match: Undertaker vs. Triple H (special guest referee Shawn Michaels)
- John Cena vs. The Rock
For all news and information regarding the wonderful world of professional wrestling, please visit Cageside Seats.