The rumors about a split between Strikeforce and Showtime are increasing after middleweight Luke Rockhold pulled out of his title defense, scheduled for Nov. 3, due to a wrist injury. Such a split could be the end of Strikeforce.
Inside MMA reported that multiple sources told them Showtime and Strikeforce were at odds, with the Nov. 3 event in jeopardy and a "strong possibility" that further broadcasting agreements between the two were at risk.
Strikeforce, a San Jose-based company, was purchased by Zuffa last year.
Ariel Helwani of MMAFighting.com reported on Twitter than a Showtime official said the Nov. 3 event that still has Daniel Cormier on the ticket is on, though an opponent for Cormier has yet to be named.
They said they would be "beyond shocked" if that show & the promotion were shut down. Zuffa had no comment. Business as usual, I guess.— Ariel Helwani (@arielhelwani) October 9, 2012
If the event is called, it would be the second time in a row Strikeforce had cancelled a Showtime event.